Naturally, we are conscious, sensitive and creative beings that have the power to choose our state of mind. When our body and mind are healthy and ‘correctly tuned’, a harmonious life unfolds in and around us. During this course we will use our breath as a portal to live a more happy, healthy and harmonious life from the inside out.
At the beginning of each week, you’re going to be given a breathwork practice that is recommended to use as a daily dose to help regulate your nervous system and harvest insights.
You can choose to bring a specific intention to the practice or simply hold the intention to be open to what is flowing through you. If you can commit to a daily practice throughout the length of the course as a daily gift to yourself and your nervous system, you will experience a deeper intuitive connection to act from your authentic truth.
Small and consistent efforts create long term big ripples in our life. Small daily repetitive actions are like living prayers that reprogram the subconscious mind and grow new neural pathways in the brain. This is a process of pulling the weeds of mind that no longer serve us so we can plant new seeds of positive intention that expand our lens of perception that change the way we experience life.
Stay kind towards yourself and be patient in your practice.
The style of breathwork we will be using during this program has numerous benefits. Some of the benefits are outlined below:
Quiet the mind and open the heart to tine in with your inner guidance
Access expanded states of consciousness to receive insight, clarity, and your own inner wisdom
Raise your vibrational energy; boosts mood and overall energy level
Creates a state of coherence in the body leading to lower levels of stress, increased mental clarity, and the ability to make decisions from a centered place
Diaphragmatic breathing moves the largest lymph gland in the body creating a detoxifying effect
During this style of breathwork we will be creating a state of intermittent hypoxia using the breath hold technique. This intermittent hypoxia training (IHT) therapy has been shown to:
Improve athletic performance, stamina and endurance
Expand the capacity of the lungs
Train the body to use oxygen more efficiency for overall improvements in health and wellbeing
1. Breath deeply in a smooth & steady rhythm. Inhale through the nose, let go through the mouth. Follow the guidance in each track which will help you to keep a smooth rhythm with your breath.
2. Hold with empty lungs; resist the first urge to breath and go slightly beyond the comfort zone. Try to relax fully both the mind and body.
3. Hold with full lungs; contact the muscles of your pelvic floor and visualize drawing the energy up your spine. Visualize your intention and feel yourself as the embodiment of the energy you want to cultivate in your life.
4. Let go of the breath and relax before beginning the next round of breathing in a rhythm
You will be fully guided in each track, so all you need to do is relax, listen and allow.
Coherence breath techniques and gentle breath holds which do not cause hypoxia are safe to be to be used for anyone. And can be beneficial for All individuals.
IHT therapy (kumbaka) or the extended breathholds is contra-indicated, in the case of:
Acute severe illness
Epilepsy (on line sessions)
Patients with pacemakers or heart arrhythmias.
Some conditions which maybe aggravated by IHT include and careful attention to technique must be paid.
Eg: Tinnitus, hernias.
For all other medical conditions please be you may be your own guide, gently include IHT to improve your health. Your body is your own guide as to how far you should push. It is always safer to build up your tolerance slowly and steadily.
What if I am a person with any of the contraindications?
You will still gain enormous benefits from this course. The rhythmic breathing and visualization techniques will help you tremendously.
Simply stay away from the breath retentions unless you are supervised by your health professional.
The breathwork practice below provides a multi-sensory meditation experience that relaxes the nervous system and brings harmony to the mind-body system. This practice uses a synergistic pairing of ancient pranayama techniques that create the perfect environment within where we are able to reprogram and upgrade subconscious belief systems and create a space of receptivity to hear the wisdom of our soul.
This 2-round SOMA Breathwork session is designed to help you to tune in with the creative flow of the Universal energy before we kick off the course. We recommend to incorporate this into your morning practice to relieve stress and start your day in a positive way.
Things to note for the practice:
The key is comfort! Find a place where you can completely relax and give yourself this gift.
It’s best to do the breath-work first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
You can do this practice sitting up with the spine straight or lying down flat on the floor.
Use headphones if possible to enhance the sound
Breathe in through the nose and out through mouth; smooth and relaxed
This 20 minute breath work practice to:
Open your creative channel to the creative flow of Universal energy
Connect with your heart and intuition
Quiet the mind and open the heart to hear your inner guidance
"Slow down. Feel your breath flowing in and out through your heart, slow your breathing down to 5 second in and 5 seconds out. Now imagine a beam of light and lover flowing into the crown of your head. This is the light energy of the universe, flowing into your body at every moment. It fills your mind and cells and penetrates your entire energy feels
Notice how good it feels to allow this energy IN
As you breath in for 5 and out for 5
Feeling this life energy flowing through you, opening your third eye for clarity, your heart for compassion, clearing your energy centers. Clearing away fears and doubts.
Bringing a smile to your face and gratitide for your amazing life - radiating out of your heart like rays of the sun,,, expand. expand. expand. Cross your hands across your chest, give yourself a hug. The entire universe is giving you a hug...Filling this up.
First round of breating - in for 4 and out for 8.
Creative potential divine spark
infinite potential. creativity fills with passion.
Filling you up.
Reax and connect.
Each time we take a little sip of air and connect. Deeper, deeper, deeper, deeper.
Values are our North Star
1. Identify your TOP 5 CORE VALUES using the “Values Worksheet” below.
2. Write your Core Values definition or Honor Code (page 4 of the “Values Worksheet”) by defining how your values are integrated and lived in the different aspects of your life and work. Put your honor code on your mirror or in a place you will see it everyday as a reminder.
Contemplation Questions & Inspired Action:
1. Of your top 5 Core Values identified, which value are you expressing the least in your work and/or life?
2. How can you bring more of that value into your work and life? For example, if you want to feel more on purpose in your business, and connection is the lowest rated of your top 5 values in your work, then how can you bring more connection into your day-to-day work? How can you open the door for more connection in your work?
3. What’s a specific action that you are willing to experiment within the next 24 hours to do this?
4. Journal and reflect on the experience after you have taken the action
IS HOW I SPEND MY TIME IN ALIGNMENT WITH MY VALUES. NO. HOW CAN I DO ONE THING THIS WEEK.
AWARENESSS OF MISALIGNMENT -
Honor Code - Planting a seed.